Best Home Remedies For Migraine Relief
Migraine is a recurrent headache and often felt on one side of the head. It is a neurobiological disorder that involves both neurological and vascular changes in the brain during an attack. During the headache, an artery located on the outside of the skull begins to enlarge. This releases a chemical that causes inflammation, pain and further enlargement of the artery.
- Pulsing pain and throbbing pain in the head.
- Pain increases during a physical activity.
- Nausea & Vomiting.
- Pounding pain.
- Irritability & neck stiffness.
- Increased sensitivity to light or flashes of light and sound.
- Stuffy nose and watery eyes.
- Cravings for certain type of food.
- Eye and neck pain.
- Aura (flickering spots, lines or lights).
- Black spots.
- Weakness of arms, Legs.
What causes Migraines?
- Allergic reactions.
- Low blood sugar.
- Weak constitution.
- Excessive intake of drugs.
- Low energy.
- Stress at work or home.
- Lack of sleep & rest.
- Loud noises, bright light and certain type of odors.
- Menstrual cycle and hormone fluctuations.
- Excessive smoking & drinking (especially wine and highly caffeinated beverages).
- Foods that cause migraine headaches such as brie, blue, salty foods and cheddar cheese (they contain tyramine and phenylathilamine that triggers migraine).
Home remedies for migraine
- Taking small doses of grape juice several times a day gives great relief from migraine headache.
- 200ml of spinach juice, mixed with 300ml of carrot juice to prepare 500ml of the combined juices helps in reducing the pain. This is one of the best migraine treatment to get instant relief from headache
- 100ml of each of beetroot and cucumber juices, mixed with 300ml of carrot juices is beneficial for migraine cure.
- Take a lemon and grind the lemon. Then apply the paste on the forehead as a plaster.
- Take one full bowl of water. Boil it in a pan. Add a pinch of salt, half teaspoon of ghee and a little bit of jaggary. After a little while, switch off the gas and add rice flour to the water. Mix it well and prepare the mixture into small pieces like idli. Then boil these pieces in a idli boiler pot for 10 minutes. Eat 2-3 pieces after every 2 hours and drink half glass of water. Repeat this process for continues 8 to 10 days.
- Boil the Amaranthus polygonoides, black pepper, turmeric with gingelly oil. Apply it on your head to get instant relief from migraine.
- Boil black pepper with garlic in gingelly oil. Apply it on your head to get fast relief from migraine.
- Take 10 flowers of hibiscus and boil it in gingelly oil. Apply this oil on your head.
Migraine can be a very disturbing situation for those suffering from it. So treat it by trying the home remedies given above.