Benefits Of Using Saffron On Your Skin
Saffron is one of the most precious and expensive spices in the world. Originated from Greece, Saffron is also grown mostly in India, South Asia, Europe and China. The stigmas of saffron flower are the most important part of the plant, which are carefully categorized by hand and stored. An important feature about saffron is that it contains more than 150 volatile and aroma yielding compounds and also certain non- volatile compounds.
Safranal, which is responsible for the rich fragrance of saffron, is an antioxidant and anticonvulsant with huge qualities of scavenging away free radicals. Saffron has the properties of curing cancers.
Kashmiri saffron is among the world’s darkest, strongly flavored, highly aromatic with deepest coloring effect. It can be identified by its dark maroon-purple hue.
Benefits of Saffron for skin
- For glowing skin : Due to harsh weather, daily pollution and several other factors, our skin tends to become dull and lifeless. For this Add 3-4 strands of saffron to 1-2 tbsp of very hot water in a small bowl. Cover and leave for at least half an hour. Before bed crush the strands well using your fingers to extract saffron solution. Add half tbsp honey and mix well. Apply a layer of this solution over your clean skin. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash with plain water. Do not use soap.
- For brightening skin : Add a few strands of saffron to 2 tbsp hot milk and leave for at least half an hour. Crush the strands well. Add 1 tbsp of pure sandal powder to it and mix well to make a smooth face mask, by adding little more milk as required Apply this over clean skin and leave for at least 15 minutes. Wash with plain water.
- To remove sun tan : Soak a few strands of saffron strands in 1 tbsp of hot water for half an hour. Crush the strands. Add a small amount of fresh cream to it and mix it well. Apply this over clean face and leave it over night. Wash with gentle face wash in the morning. If your skin is oily,use honey instead of cream for best results.
- To tone the skin : Saffron serves you as a great natural toner. Soak 2-3 strands of saffron in a little rose water and crush to get the color. Dab it over clean face with a cotton ball. It keeps your skin fresh, healthy and younger. It may also be added to bath water.
To improve complexion using saffron
Saffron is a most popular skin lightening ingredient that used in many cosmetic products.
- To make a skin lightening mask, Add 2-3 strands of saffron in a little water in the morning. At night, crush the saffron strands and 1 tbsp milk, add a pinch of sugar, a few drops of olive oil to it and mix it well. Apply this over the skin and massage gently. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash with a gentle face wash. This face mask improves nourishes the skin, blood circulation and lightens the complexion. For better results, use it regularly.
- Soak a few sunflower seeds and 2-3 saffron strands in little milk overnight. Grind it in the morning to make a smooth paste. Apply this over clean face and neck and leave for at least 15 minutes. Wash with plain water. Regular use will make the skin fair.
- Drinking a glass of milk with 3-4 strands of saffron daily once or twice helps to improve skin complexion.