Tips For Job Interview
The interview is an opportunity to show your ability and talent, it tells whether you are fit for a particular job or not. So make use the following easy tips to improve your knowledge in attending the interview.
- Research company and position : Need to research the company and the position carefully. It’s important to know exactly what they do, who their competitors are, what its competitive advantages are and any current events that related to the company. Take some time to study their website, but make sure you also know the job description inside out. Important points you need to search are
- Company history
- CEO, Directors, Board members
- Mission, Vision, Values
- Location, directions
- Organizational culture
Where to find ?
- Professional journals
- Networking Organizations
- Professional groups
- Word of mouth
- Current/ Past employees
2. Prepare your answers to the most common interview questions : It is very important that you prepare perfect answers to some of the commonly asked and toughest interview questions.
3. Prepare a few “success stories” that you can refer : Need to prepare a few success stories that you can reference during the interview. What is a success story?
A success story is that a story from your past, work or personal life, that highlights an achievement and reflect one of your strengths. It may help the interviewer to know your strengths.
4. Prepare questions to ask the interviewer : This is a very important one. You always need to prepare some questions to ask the interviewer. It may help the interviewer that you are prepared, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the job.
5. Make a positive first impression :
- Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Keep at least one extra copy of your resume.
- Know the names of people you meet.
- Handshakes, Eye contact, Smile.
- Be kind to everyone you meet.
- Speak clearly.
6. Dress Appropriately
- Professional Attire :
— Men : Suit in dark color, light shirt and tie.
— Women : Conservative business suit, mid heels.
- Details : hems, cuffs, buttons, shoes shined, no wrinkles.
- Low-key jewelry, if any at all