Better Ways Of Using Vicks Vaporub On Your Body
We all are well aware of Vicks products. It has been used by several people since 1905. It was invented long back in the name of Vick’s Magic Croup salve and later rebranded as Vicks Vaporub in 1912. Vicks however has not been recommended by any doctor, but is very effective for light cold, headaches, cough, nose congestion, chest and stuffiness. But apart from all the real facts about vicks, it has been proved useful for many other facts. Here are some amazing ways of using vicks.
- Keeps mosquitoes and flies away – Apply a little bit of vicks on your clothes and open skin.
- Sinus Headaches – Apply vicks under your nose along with taking a deep breath.
- Acne – Apply it on your acnes a few times daily. It will dry out and soothe the affected area.
- Keep insects away – Rub vicks on your neck, inner knees, elbows and behind your ears. Also, if you want to keep the flies away while on a picnic, just open the vicks bottle.
- Get rid of bruises – Combine a pinch of salt in vicks and apply it on a fresh bruise. This will help you get rid of it quickly.
- Relieve sore muscles – Massage your sore muscles with vicks, then cover the area with warm and dry towel. And then lie down or lift the sore limb until the pain reduces. Do this three times daily.
- Moisturize – Rub vicks on dry skin areas regularly to get better results.
- Tennis elbow – Apply vicks combined with camphor to ease the pain. Rub regularly until the pain stops.
- Cracked Heels – Apply some vicks on your feet and heels. Put on your socks and sleep. Wash your feet with warm water early morning the next day. Exfoliate the softened skin with a pumice stone. Do this every night to keep your feet healthy and smooth.
- Nail fungus – Apply vicks on the infected nail twice daily. Trim your nails regularly until the infected part is completely removed.
- Faster healing of cuts – Apply vicks on any cut to increase the time of healing and prevent infection.
- Stretch marks – Regular application of vicks on stretch marks will lighten up the skin and make marks less visible.
- Prevent Your pet’s peeing – To avoid your per’s wetting on the rug or any area of the house, place an open bottle of vicks in those areas.
- Eczema – Ease the inflammation and itchiness of eczema by applying vicks to the affected area.
- Relieve terrible ear pain – Apply some vicks on a cotton ball and then put it in the painful ear. You will notice relief immediately. You ca also warm garlic clove and then apply some vicks on one of the ends of the clove and place it in your ear.
- Athlete’s foot – Apply vicks daily to heal athlete’s feet.
- Remove Warts – Apply vicks twice a day and cover it with a bandage. You will feel the difference in just few days. Continue to do this for about two weeks until the wart disappears.
- Fat burning – Apply vicks on belly or cellulite area regularly. It not only stimulate fat burning in the problematic area, but also moisturize it without any stretch marks. It can aid you fight fat accumulation, remove cellulite and stretch marks and make skin tissue firm. Don’t forget to exercise regularly and follow a balanced diet.
The above mentioned remedies may not work wonders, it is not a doctor’s prescription but however can reduce the cause of many issues.